Coupon Codes for Online Parts Orders

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do any of you buy your parts online and pick them up in the store? I have seen guys in the store on their smart phone order a part online and save some major cash. I have a bad front wheel hub, I was able to get a moog replacement for $127 tax included on a major auto parts site. I just have to drive up to the store and pick it up. Saved me $50! I will not say the store, because last time I did that someone decided that I was advertising and gave me negative rep. PM me for the info

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just replaced my two front hubs this past weekend with Moogs that I bought on-line. However, I have never purchased anything on-line then picked it up at a local store.

3. Pikey

I have been buying online and picking up in store a lot over the last year. Why not, If I save $50 like I did today. I saved $20 on my third brake light led assembly. I don't know why anyone would go to the store and pay full price.

4. Family Force 6

Family Force 6 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have done this a bunch over the last year, especially since one of the major auto stores gives gigantic discounts.
    However, the only problem I've had is with returns / exchanges. This particular auto store (Adv.... Auto) has NO idea how to process exchanges or returns. They tried to charge me the difference between the discounted price I paid and the full price when I exchanged some shocks that went bad. Then they had to refund my original card and charge me for the new ones.
    It was a hassle.
    Now I try to order from Roc* Auto as much as I can. Even with shipping the prices usually beat everyone else by a wide margin.

5. Pikey

I have done multiple returns or exchanges with Advanced after buying online and never have had an issue. Actually, a few times they have refunded me the full price rather than the discounted price that I have paid. I always pay with paypal with them. As soon as they do the transaction I get an email from paypal saying that I have been credited

6. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

I was shopping today for a cap and rotor. For AC Delco parts, it was going to be about $65+tax in the store. I can get both online together in a set for $45, no tax, and free shipping. I like to patronize local stores, but won't in this case.

7. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Ive never thought about ordering online...since i live like 2 miles away from Napa

8. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I never tried it. Will have to look into it now. Gonna do a tune up on the alero. If your a AAA member, you get a discount at NAPA. Ive never used it since I dont live by one.

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My local and usual auto parts store offers a good discount for parts ordered online and picked up at the store.
    The store manager has started offering the same discount if I order the part at the counter after watching me stand in the store and order parts on my smart phone then step up to the counter a minute later for pickup.
    Sometimes a great discount is all in the relationship you cultivate with store clerks or management.