1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

covers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kiowamtp, Jan 11, 2010.

1. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have not seen one before, but it should be a good one. I'm going to be in the market soon, so post when you get it. Good luck!
  3. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Thanks

I was looking a diamondback's SE version with the line-x sprayed on. I was looking at roughly 1400-1500 bucks. Then I came across the ones MADE by line-x for roughly half shipped and they look basically the same. Seemed like a good deal to me. http://www.linexcover.com/ is their direct website. I will definitely give some feedback when I get it and install it.

Kevin
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have two Diamondback Covers and I love them, right off the bat I can see two major differences between the one you bought and the one I have. First off Line-X states that it will hold up to 250 lbs. on top of the cover, while Diamondback covers hold over 1,000 lbs. on top. I used to haul my Polaris Sportsman 800 on top of the cover, and it never gave in or bowed. Another thing is the Line-X only has one channel per panel to reinforce it, Diamondback has one about every 6" on each panel. Hey but for less than half the price I would say it's a good deal, here's some pics of mine. I also drilled four holes in the fron panel, and added a rollbar with a quick disconnect for my 4 PIAA lights. One of a kind I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Thanks. Nice looking truck there! I do not plan on top loading on the cover. It should do well for my needs, security of bed contents. Now I am just anxious to get it and put it on!
  6. vin_bom

vin_bom New Member

I would be a little worried about the appearance of this cover after exposure to dirt, salt, etc. I would think it would be hard to keep clean and "black".
  7. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Good point. I guess I will find out and report back!
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't know how hard the black will be to keep clean, but I can tell you mine is a real bear to clean. I wax the cover on top and underneath twice a year, and then I buff it out with rubbing compound once a year to keep it looking glossy! If you don't that cover will turn to crap quick, but uniqueness has a price to pay! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine, good price on that unit as well. :great:
  9. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

I hope it works as advertised when it comes to fading and gloss.

" The cover, which supports up to 200 pounds, is fortified with black LINE-Xtra, specifically engineered for maximum fade resistance and superior gloss retention."

I guess I will have to find a decent cleaning solution.