covers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kiowamtp, Jan 11, 2010.

1. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have not seen one before, but it should be a good one. I'm going to be in the market soon, so post when you get it. Good luck!

3. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Thanks

I was looking a diamondback's SE version with the line-x sprayed on. I was looking at roughly 1400-1500 bucks. Then I came across the ones MADE by line-x for roughly half shipped and they look basically the same. Seemed like a good deal to me. http://www.linexcover.com/ is their direct website. I will definitely give some feedback when I get it and install it.

Kevin

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have two Diamondback Covers and I love them, right off the bat I can see two major differences between the one you bought and the one I have. First off Line-X states that it will hold up to 250 lbs. on top of the cover, while Diamondback covers hold over 1,000 lbs. on top. I used to haul my Polaris Sportsman 800 on top of the cover, and it never gave in or bowed. Another thing is the Line-X only has one channel per panel to reinforce it, Diamondback has one about every 6" on each panel. Hey but for less than half the price I would say it's a good deal, here's some pics of mine. I also drilled four holes in the fron panel, and added a rollbar with a quick disconnect for my 4 PIAA lights. One of a kind I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Thanks. Nice looking truck there! I do not plan on top loading on the cover. It should do well for my needs, security of bed contents. Now I am just anxious to get it and put it on!

6. vin_bom

vin_bom New Member

I would be a little worried about the appearance of this cover after exposure to dirt, salt, etc. I would think it would be hard to keep clean and "black".

7. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

Good point. I guess I will find out and report back!

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't know how hard the black will be to keep clean, but I can tell you mine is a real bear to clean. I wax the cover on top and underneath twice a year, and then I buff it out with rubbing compound once a year to keep it looking glossy! If you don't that cover will turn to crap quick, but uniqueness has a price to pay! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine, good price on that unit as well. :great:

9. kiowamtp

kiowamtp New Member

I hope it works as advertised when it comes to fading and gloss.

" The cover, which supports up to 200 pounds, is fortified with black LINE-Xtra, specifically engineered for maximum fade resistance and superior gloss retention."

I guess I will have to find a decent cleaning solution.