1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cowl Hood

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 1953bowtieguy, Oct 6, 2012.

1. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I am wondering where i can get a somewhat cheap cowl induction hood for a 1994 GMC yukon.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I know that Goodmark made them.. Try a good swap meet..

3. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

One thing I learned working in a body shop is you difinitely get what you pay for in aftermarket body panels. The cheaper panels on the market always use lighter gauge metal and always come dented and wavy requiring lots of body work. Then when fitting them to the truck its almost impossible to align the hoods with both fenders. Spend the money and buy a quality product. I promise you'll be alot happier in the end.

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree. If you are anything like me you will not be happy with a cheap one.

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Quoted for truth...

7. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Im assuming you mean "cheap" as in price. I paid $400 for my Reflexxion hood delivered to where ever I wanted(actually had the truck driver deliver to where I was working) My body man had no problem painting it. It came primed but we sealed it then painted. No body work had to be done with it. Now by the time I paid for the hood, matched paint, supplies, and paid my body man I was into it for $1000.

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yup -- it adds up quickly!

9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have seen some hoods I like, like Phantom's but, it seems like there are 6 standard designs for aftermarket hoods. I would thought about a RAM air, or Cowl hood, but none of them are really unique anymore. I guess they can be painted different colors :lol: but they are no different than the hood someone else has.

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I guess the hood to custom build would be a new ZL1 from the Camaro.. I've seen old vette hoods on some trucks The old Big Block 454 hoods from the 70's..