1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cracked dash panel?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by JimmyA, Aug 10, 2013.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I am in between detailing my truck today and found 2 cracks on my dash panel!:grrrrrr: One of the cracks is at the top left corner of the passenger air-bag compartment and the other one is above the gauge cluster!:grrrrrr: My truck is a 2010 model with under the warranty cut-off mileage! I use sun shades exclusively. Has anyone else had this problem on the NBBS trucks. I will be contacting my service mgr. Monday as another warranty patient! The dash panel seems to be of poor quality!:grrrrrr:
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have seen another post from a member saying that he had the same issue. He was out of warranty, but the dealer fixed it for him anyway.
  3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

JimmyA,

I am sorry to learn that you have cracks in your dash board. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this tread.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Do you have the LT or the LTZ style dash? If LTZ, they are known to have problems cracking.

I've always used a dashmat and sun shade to keep sun off the dash.
  5. JimmyA

I have the SLT version! I have made contact with service mgr. and they are going to replace the dash panel. I sure hope the replacement is better quality! I am @ 29,000mi and the warranty will expire in Feb 2014 for the 36/36,000......
  6. JimmyA

About 3 hrs. shop time and I'm back on the road! I was told by the service person that dash cracks like mine were common. I hope that the next crack appears within the next 12 mths and not later.
  7. Clunker

Clunker New Member

I have an '08 LT1 4X4 that just turned 80,000 miles but the warranty (5 year/100K powertrain) expired in July of '13.
    I bought the truck brand new and used only mobile 1 5-30 synthetic oil all of it's life.
    My truck is garaged at home and at work.
    My dash just cracked on the passenger side.
    The lifters are clicking (I've read about others on this site with that issue).
    I had planned on keeping this truck till the wheels fell off (hoping for 200K) , but I'm getting worried now.
  8. JimmyA

Get the clicking repaired, even if out of pocket! The dash panel can be hid but if you try to sell, it can deter your sale price. They, "GM" should be ashamed to install such a Cheap Plastic Panel.........
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did you happen to get any photos of the cracks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
  10. Clunker

Clunker New Member

Here are a couple of pictures of my dashboard.
    dash1.jpg dash2.jpg