1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Craftsman 3 ton jack anyone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by KyleZ71, Jul 10, 2013.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

We have a Craftsman 3 ton jack that we no longer need as we invested in a aluminum 3 ton rapid pump. Anyone in the York PA area or going to Carlisle that would be interested in picking up?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. KyleZ71

I'll go take one hold on

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

It has been used (as you can see), now just taking up space
  4. steved

steved Former Member

Big question...how much?
  5. KyleZ71

Twenty five bucks is what my dad and I are asking right now. I will be honest the frame of it is slightly bent but it still works fine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll even hit up the wheels and frame with black Rust-Oleum if interested.
  6. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I own a Craftsman 3 ton floor jack as well. How on earth do you bend the frame on a floor jack? I've had mine for over 7 years and while the paint has scraped off the wheels and the jack head, it still looks and operates like new. My jack never leaves the garage so that is why it looks so good.

I had an old Craftsman floor jack which looked like it was from the 70s and all that happened to it was the hydraulics went out. IMO Craftsman floor jacks are really rugged.
  7. KyleZ71

After my mother moved out our garage was too cluttered to work on a vehicle so we would have to work on ours in the driveway. As you can see in some of my pictures in my albums I live on the side of a hill. One day as I was jacking it up, I left to get some jack stands, the truck slipped off of the jack, wedging it between the A frame and the driveway. It still works well even with the frame being bent.
  8. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Hold onto it. A spare floor jack is always a good thing...You can't have too many! Same for jackstands.
  9. KyleZ71

I have a 3 ton bottle jack/jack stand in the truck, the 3 ton rapid pump, a 2.5 ton gm performance, the 3 ton I'm selling, and a 2.5 ton