Craigs List Ad.....WOW!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Feb 26, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This afternoon, I was viewing my Local Craigs List, looking for either Silverado or Tahoe Factory 20in" Alloy Rims, for a Buddy of mine, and I came across the Craigs List Ad below for a Set of Silverado 20in Factory Alloy Rims,

Take a look at the Ad and see if you guys notice anything in the Pictures??

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/3644046326.html

2. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member 100 Posts

Is that a lot of $$ for the tires? haha jk. You should get them discounted since that person obviously used your picture without permission. Tell him the sponsorship comes at a price lol
  3. the phantom

the phantom New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ha, That reminds me when I used a generic picture of an arena to sell some hockey tickets from someone elses craigslist add. The section he was selling was highlighted in my picture and he busted me using the picture in my add. He wanted me to give him $20 for using his generic arena picture. I was just giving people an idea where the seats were I was selling and didn't think a generic map of the arena was any big deal to copy and paste from someone.

I would look at it as an honor so to speak that someone is showing off your vehicle to sell something they have. I know the world is all about the all mighty dollar but it also should be about man helping man. Just my .02

P.S. At least its not a scam and their not trying to sell your truck:gasp:
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

To used someone else's photo's in a Ad, without asking for permission from the owner, is for me a little upsetting, but also, I have pictures of my Silverado, on couple Truck forums, and this is one of the things that can happen, to anyone of else, when posting Photo's of are Vehicles on Forums.....

- - - Updated - - -

As you've mentioned....look at it as an honor....its flattering that this person has used a picture of my Truck, to help them sell their Rims,

So at this point, I'm going to contact this person, but before I do, I'm just seeing/looking for some input from Guys, regarding this???
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  5. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When you put pictures out on the Internet, don't be surprised if they are used for other things. If you want to protect your pics from being used, watermark them.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ASk him for the Rims for FREE!!!!!! :great:
  7. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

^ THIS. Haha. It's worth a shot.

Like mentioned before, consider it an honor. The seller is just advertising what his rims look like on a nice, clean truck. Probably so a perspective buyer can realize how good it can look, hence be more inclined to buy. Consider it a compliment!!
  8. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've seen this happen a few times... Especially with eBay listings. Although the eBay listings usually do a crappy photoshop of their low-quality parts onto the truck. In this case though, it looks like the seller is just using some unmodified pictures of some nice clean trucks of various styles of wheels to show what they can look like. Granted, he should have at least said they weren't his picture and probably credited the source he got them from but in a use like that where he's not modifying the picture to put some cheap ugly part on it, I personally wouldn't bee too upset
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Quoted for truth.
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Half the cost of photography commercially is fighting legal battles and we will and do sue people and companies.