1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Craigslist/eBay crackheads

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BurbanMan, Aug 26, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

$1399 for a reproduction air cleaner?

3. BurbanMan

Lol yeah! So I should be able to sell my vintage cal custom aluminum fin valve covers for $12k right?

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

And the seller has sold TWO of them!!!!!

5. BurbanMan

I don't see how! More bank than brains?

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Those things wouldn't be up for sale if people weren't buying them.

I have a co-worker who spends his free time buying up old trash cars that are just sitting there in fields. Then he strips them and chrome-plates or powder-coats various parts that are still in good shape and sells them on e-bay. He makes as much if not more than what he does at his day job.

7. BurbanMan

That's all fine and dandy, but he's asking $1400 for a $200 part tops they're all over eBay for $170-$200. Your co-worker I'm sure is asking a much more reasonable price for resto original parts

8. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Man, I saw this thread and thought I was going to be a part of a confessional with others who can't stop hunting for bargains on CL. Speaking of which, picking up a set of brand new 35" pro comps mounted on some sweet wheels for $850 tomorrow.

#icantstop

9. BurbanMan

Hello. I'm chuck and I'm an online bargain hunting addict....

10. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner