1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Craigslist is AWESOME! Replaced my broken leaf spring and shackle for $40!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by buckmeister2, Aug 10, 2013.

1. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member

If any of you are not checking out craigslist for good used wheels, bumpers, and many other parts, you might be missing out. My 2001 1500 Silverado is an 11-year rust-belt transfer to Las Vegas, and has lots of rust issues. This week, it snapped both the leaf spring and the shackle on the right side. It took me about a 1/2 hour to find a parting out 2004 Silverado, and the owner was happy to give me the already-removed spring and shackle for $40, in great shape with no rust and no cracks in rubber bushings. The non-jobber dealer price on these parts is over $500, with an install of $250 to $400. It took me about 3 hours alone in my garage to get it done, but it's back like it should be, thanks to CL. If you don't mind turning a wrench and getting a bit dirty, craigslist is a great source for parts.
  2. Man you got to love craigslist, I keep my eye to see if anything I want and is cheap ever comes up. The only problems with craigslist to me is there is so much useless junk to look through if you are browsing through parts and sometimes the people can seem sketchy lol
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

From tires to parts to getting side work I'm always on it....:great:
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I like Craigslist a lot myself, I just put in the ad for local pickup only and I will NOT respond to e-mails. Amazes me that scammers try their BS and dolts fall for it.