Crane Cams Power Max Power-Tuner [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by udderchaos, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. udderchaos

udderchaos Rockstar

I'm hoping this is in the right section.... I bought a Power Tuner for my 98 Suburban. I got the Power Max programmer so that I can read the trouble codes...and bump up the performance a tad..... Has anyone else bought one of these.????? I know I should have asked before I ordered it.....

Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

RE: Crane Cams Power Max Power-Tuner

No I haven't sorry, but i do know you can do great things with OBII-canobe

Sorry couldn't resist.

I did take a fuel injection course with a member of our towns dpw maintainance crew that said the company they bought there big trucks from does a lot of work on the trucks with a laptop.

Hell he even got the hp increased on the truck with the click of the mouse.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My buddy bought the Hypertech version for his recently raised 2005 C2500 Chevy PU. He was able to re-cal for the bigger tires and boost HP noticeably. I tried to use it on my 06 K2500, but for the $300, it only allows use with one vehicle at a time. (It reads the VIN of your vehicle and prevents re-use on a differnt VIN until you de-program the original vehicle.) I recently had larger tires put on my 06, so I would like to re-cal the speedo, but I'm not sure I want to spend the $300. You might want to check out the BullyDog it still only allows use on one vehicle it does allow use on a different mfg. Which is a good idea if you every trade your Chevy for something else.[/url]

4. udderchaos

udderchaos Rockstar

I haven't programmed it yet.... The 'puter needs re-flashed... I was thinking about getting the cam that goes with the programmer. But do I want to supercharge the Suburban...??????? I mean, I can't get the smallest cam, when I can get the largest profile for the same price..... Like the shampoo bottle that says 33% FREE..!!!!!! Cam, Cold Air Intake, Free Flow Exhaust...Supercharger.... where will it stop?????...probably shortly after a couple shots of NO2..!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.