1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crank sensor out of time with cam sensor?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by revo18, Jul 27, 2011.

1. revo18

revo18 New Member

I picked up a misfire on my 2003 1500hd 6.0 when put under a light to moderate engine load mainly around 2500 rpm. Never got a engine code but with my live data scaner I was able to pick up #1 cylinder misfiring the most along with #5,#6, and #8 evey now and then. I took it to the gm dealer and they said that the crank sensor out of time with the cam sensor. The way I understand it all they did was reset the pcm. How does this happen? They could not give me a good answer. My friend has the same motor and year of truck and he has had the same issue. Sad part about it I change my spark plugs and wire again(only has 6000miles on them) and cost $150 and gm charged me $75 to reset the computer.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What type of spark plugs did you install? Most on this site have found GM's run best with A/C Delco's. Some have found that non-A/C Delco plugs can cause misfires.
  3. revo18

revo18 New Member

I always use acdelco spark plugs.