Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Crankshaft Poition sensor

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ErikDynan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ErikDynan

ErikDynan New Member

Hello everbody, I hate to sign up to your forums and jump right into asking questions, but today im going to be that guy!
    I have to 2001 gmc yukon xl, i beleive it has the 5.3L v8, two days ago it started running sluggish, i pulled over and stopped, and once it got into park, it stalled. then it decided that it would not hold at idle for over 30 seconds without stalling again. I hooked up the diagnostics reader and it said "too lean" and "crankshaft sensor error". in hopes of having an easy fix i purchased the crank sensor, and i cannot, for the life of me locate the sensor. i have purchased the chilton, and an online versoin of the tiltons manual, and they are vauge on the subject, to say the least. i have searched the internet hi and lo, and connot seem to find any answers that help.
    If anyone could describe to me where its located i would be forever in thier debt. also if you feel the need to be painfully descriptive, or have any diagrams i would be EXTREMELY greatful.
    Erik D.