1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crap!!!! Problem with wrong truck delivered at GM dealership

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by gatormike69, Aug 29, 2009.

1. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

So, picked up the new Silverado a few days ago , took it had a spray in bedliner, grill guard, bed rails, lift kit installed and NOW realize the dealer switched trucks on me. Started trying to check out the Bose system I ordered and its not installed in my truck also the FlexFuel motor didn't come in the truck. I asked the sales manager about the Flex Fuel bfore signing the papers and he told me that it didn't come with the Exterior plus package that I ordered. Anyhow today I was driving by the dealer and lo and behold there is a truck that looks just like the one I ordered so I stop and check it out. Hmmmmm the window sticker says it has the Flex fuel motor and the Bose sound system. Now tryin to figure out what my options are. Going back to talk to the sales manager this morning.....
    thanks for letting me vent...
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't know how they could mix them up that bad, because I know that Bose system I had in my truck added $3,000 to the price of the truck. And I would assume the flex fuel would be a lot more too, also wasn't there a vin # at the top of the contract? They normally have a build # that they track, that just doesn't make sense?? I hope you get it fixed for you, before someone else buys YOUR truck.
  3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ouch. I've had sales people tell me almost anything to get me to buy the vehicle that they had ready to go before. I had a similar situation when I bought my Evo a few years ago. Good luck getting it figured out, let us know how it ends.
  4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

oh man i'm sorry about that. sales men can be very deceiving.
  5. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

Found out what happened. We called the day after we placed the order and wanted to add the Exterior Plus pkg to get the mirrors with integrated turn signals. This sale manager just made up another order for a truck but neglected to include the Flex Fuel motor and the Bose sound system on the new order. He actually admitted he screwed up and said he was sorry. Not yet sure what we plan to do. Might end up having to order a 2010.
  6. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Wow, what a confusing situation! Sorry. I hope it all gets resolved!
  7. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wow, that sounds like a mess, I'd be really upset! Hope everything works out
  8. lowriderinms

lowriderinms Rockstar

wow

wow they admitted they screwed up. nice
  9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

hope all works out for you
  10. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

wow, i would definitely complain. Check the vin numbers on your receipt and the trucks.