1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crash test raises Smart micro car concerns

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

[​IMG][​IMG]A government crash test of the 2008 Smart Fortwo micro car has found a safety concern in side-impact testing.

More...
  2. ibmoses

ibmoses New Member

Im skeered of them tiny vehicles, it would not be so bad if everybody was driving one...

I passed a guy on a major highway driving a scooter, he had a reflective safety vest on.

The money he is saving on gas wont help much when he gets smushed like a bug.

Bert
    1 person likes this.
  3. Dan

Dan New Member

i have driven the diesal version in canada and i felt safe and would by one if i could get the diesal one it gets about 50 mpg it would make a great car for running around town....
  4. finalday7

finalday7 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well's theirs no way I could ever fit in one but even if I could it would be a no go. Those things are TINY. They use to store them in the back of the HD's to save room at the dealership. :gasp: