1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Crashed my Avalanche Yesterday. Pics Included

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by pmf608, Jul 20, 2013.

1. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I am sorry to hear and see this man. Hopefully you can repair without going too deep in your pockets. What are you going to be driving now? the work truck?

2. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm glad everyone was able to walk away and very sorry to see the results of the accident. Truly hope you can work things out part wise to get the Avy back on the road.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. Glad you're ok. Looks like the front end took a lot of damage.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks everyone.

I'm driving the work truck for the time being. It sucks :lol:. I should find out tomorrow what the cost of the frame repairs will be and go from there. Hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, my repair is on hold until at least Wednesday. I called up my preferred body shop that I know does top quality work and their owner that does the estimates is out of town until Wednesday and they wouldn't be able to give me as accurate of an estimate until then. So I guess it will sit here for a few more days before I find out what to do with it. They did tell me the typical frame repair takes 4-10 hours though, so that gives me hope that the frame repair won't be too expensive.

5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Hey [MENTION=21735]pmf608[/MENTION], that's a pretty nice truck, why would you not carry full coverage on it? The price difference could not have been that much.

I would only carry liability only if it was a real POS.

6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Aw man I am so sorry that happened to you! Glad to know everyone was alright. Keep us posted!

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Ouch!!! Like many have said, glad you nor anyone else was injured. So sorry to hear the bad news. Let's hope the damage looks worse than the price tag to fix.

8. pikefisher

pikefisher Member

I hope the spider was on the bumper when you hit, glad you and the other guy is ok

9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

sad to hear about the truck, but glad to hear about everyone being okay

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

So just remember you can rebuild her better, Stronger Better.......:glasses: