1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crashed my Avalanche Yesterday. Pics Included

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Jul 20, 2013.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

I only had liability, property damage and fire/theft/vandalism on it because I'm only 20 years old and collision insurance is very expensive for young male drivers around here. It would have bumped my premiums significantly. In the 4 years I've had my own insurance now, the savings have most likely already exceeded the cost to fix this.

Yep... the shop told me today it will be $1200-$1600 in frame work, and I'll be doing the install of a new front clip myself with one from a parts truck. The parts truck I'm looking at is an '06 silverado, which would give me the newer hood & grille, as well as a 145 amp alternator, electric fans with all of the factory wiring, etc. It also has a cold air intake which would be nice and a bunch of other upgrades that I don't need/won't work with the Avalanche that I could sell off to make a bit more money back off the parts truck.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Good to hear Please post up lots of pics... :great:
  3. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I guess insurance in Canada is different than here in the US where liability is more costly than the collision and comprehensive portion.
  4. pmf608

In Alberta it is because we have private insurance. I've heard that some of the provinces like BC and Saskatchewan are considerably cheaper because the insurance is all regulated and can only come from one company. I have comprehensive for vandalism, fire, theft, etc. and it's cheap but collision is killer here. My insurance was already at $300/month for 2 trucks with everything but collision as well as a quad. The quad is only like $100 per year though. When my policy renews next year, my insurance will be significantly higher now.
  5. Parkrat

Parkrat New Member

I use pl/pd only on the 01 chev and a 89 gmc tracker, its $58 a month for both, you should shop around.
  6. pmf608

Here's the million dollar question though... are you over 25 years old? Mine is a bit higher than most of my friends because I do have $1,000,000 liability coverage instead of the mandatory $250,000 but for the coverage I have and my age, I'm right on Alberta's grid guidelines.
  7. Parkrat

Parkrat New Member

Yup im a little over 25.
  8. pmf608

Once I hit 25, my insurance should start to go down a fair bit. Until then, I'm in the most expensive insurance class here (single male under 25.)
  9. 06 clip would look great on the front of the Avy :money:
  10. pmf608

Yep! I'm going to pick up the '06 silverado parts truck right away. It's a bit over 3 hours each way but the price is right and the aftermarket parts on the parts truck will make more money back when I get rid of them.