1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crashed my Avalanche Yesterday. Pics Included

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Sweet, can't wait for it to be done already!

Hopefully it gets put back together fast than your Spitfire :lol:
  2. Parkrat

Parkrat New Member

Just heard on the news alberta ins rated are going up 5%.
  3. 1993gmc

1993gmc New Member

Sorry to hear about your truck I hope you get it going soon.

Since im a old fart and my truck is old it's only 13 more dollars per month for full coverage so I have it.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This thread has already been hijacked, but I watched that video again and at 1:30 inside of the video there is a commercial for 'Horton's Auto Body and Paint" ... is that entire accident just a big staged viral video for that body shop? Haha.
  5. Parkrat

Parkrat New Member

I didn't mean to hijack i was just saying how easy it is to have a accident in this city. Its not staged its real life, ya see we left the light and the caliber is up front going a little fast in a 50 kmph zone, we get around the corner and he sees the radar van sitting on the right so he hits the brakes, the blue toyota with worn out brakes is going to fast so instead of rear ending the caliber she goes for the right lane but theres not enough room and bang. I was 6 inches from hitting the radar van, i took a quick look at it on my way by and all i seen was two big eye balls, what really pist me was she didn't stop. Hortons runs their ad on 660 two or three time a hour, it just happend that way.
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

:lol: Since the Avalanche is my daily driver, it will be done ASAP. I picked up my parts truck a couple of days ago and started disassembly today. I got the lights, headlight supports, grille, bumper, etc. off. I'm hoping to get the rest of the front end parts off in the next couple of days. Once I have the radiators out I can cut off the front section of the frame and take it to the body shop for them to splice it onto the good part of my Avalanche's frame.

And [MENTION=61213]Parkrat[/MENTION] that is a crazy video. It's things like that that have had me seriously thinking of getting a dashcam for my truck.

Anyway, here is a picture of my parts truck before I started pulling it apart. I'm actually pretty excited to see the newer hood and grille all painted up and installed on my Avalanche. Unfortunately, due to that crappy chrome fender trim causing a fair bit of rust underneath it, I don't think the driver side fender will be useful, but I should be able to pick up a cheap used fender at my local pick-n-pull.
    [​IMG]
  7. Parkrat

Parkrat New Member

8. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

Well, yesterday I finished tearing down the parts truck. All I have to do now is cut off the front frame section and the shop can start the work. On a bad note, I got a call from the shop today that at some point over the long weekend here, some lowlife scum jacked up the back of my truck and stole my 2 rear wheels and tires. Boss 325 wheels aren't made anymore and Boss doesn't have any stock of them left, so I'll have to talk options with my insurance company in the morning. To add to it, I just had brand new Cooper Zeon LTZ tires put on it in mid June. They barely had any wear.

On the upside, the thieves broke their jack, leaving half of a broken jack wheel and the jack handle behind. The police took the jack handle to see if they could get any fingerprints from it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bet their broken jack is why they only ended up with the back two.
  10. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

You've got to watch those Jeeps. I got a Commander in my accident. Luckily I switched to full coverage a few weeks before my accident because my father told me I should since I didn't have enough in the bank to replace my truck out of pocket. Luckily I listened and it paid off big. Sorry about the thieves. You just can't seem to win with this project.

[​IMG]