1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crashed my Avalanche Yesterday. Pics Included

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by pmf608, Jul 20, 2013.

1. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No updated pics as of yet. The Avalanche looks pretty much the same as before until the body shop starts the frame work. I could go take some pictures of what is left of the parts truck though.
  2. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

Its bad enough to wreck it, then have the wheels stole out from under her, sorry about all tha buddy, sounds like your onto a good action plan tho, good luck and yes lets see some finished pics please.
  3. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member 100 Posts

Love it! Obviously not the part where you were hit but the fact that you tracked her down and finally found her. What the hell was she thinking? That maybe you didn't notice she rammed into the side of you?!
  4. Parkrat

Parkrat New Member

The problem with drivers in this city is that they don't think, its stomp the gas and go. The good part is that the mini van parked on the right just as I was hit was a city police multi nova photo radar van and I seen the flash from the cam as she was taking of so they got her to.
  5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

Any updates? Hows the truck doing?
  6. pmf608

Truck should have the frame repairs finished within the first few days of January. I have to finish up with painting the insides of the fenders and the hood. Once all of that is ready, I just have to put all the parts back on and take it back to the body shop to have the outside of the hood and fenders painted to match the truck. I should be able to get everything ready for the body shop to do the paint within about a week of getting it back from the frame repairs. From there I just have to wait until they get the paint done.
  7. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member 100 Posts

Awesome, Keep us updated.
  8. pmf608

Well, I'm still waiting for the shop to actually do the frame repairs on my truck. It should hopefully be soon. I'll post up again when I have more updates.
  9. b-radical

b-radical New Member 100 Posts

:popcorn:

this is better than TV!
  10. pmf608

Hey all! I finally have an update!!!!!

I picked my truck up from the body shop yesterday. After just over a year of many setbacks (insurance companies forcing the shop to do their repairs before the private ones like mine, frame guy at the shop having a heart attack and retiring, etc.), the frame on my Avalanche has finally been repaired. My Avalanche is now at home and I have started the rebuild. Today I removed the water pump and bought a new air compressor so I can use my impact gun to pull the harmonic balancer and replace the timing cover. The impact of the collision pushed the shaft of the water pump right through the back of the pump and cracked the timing cover. I figure I'll put a new timing chain in it while I've already got it disassembled.

Anyway, here is a picture of the Avalanche on my trailer while I was bringing it home.

[​IMG]