1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crashed my Avalanche Yesterday. Pics Included

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by pmf608, Jul 20, 2013.

1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wait, so the Avy had frame damage, along with all the other damage, and wasn't totalled by the insurance companies? Are you sure it's more cost effective to repair/rebuild the thing instead of just finding a pre-owned one somewhere?
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My insurance policy covered damage to everything except my own vehicle. Because I didn't have collision coverage for my own vehicle, I had the choice of repair it or walk away. To walk away, I would have been lucky to get $3000-$3500 for it here after the collision. The repair process as I am doing it will cost about $5000 altogether. It still has a clean title, won't show as rebuilt, and once it's done, it will be able to be sold for $8000-$9000, so it is just worth it to repair it. That being said, I bought the F350 to replace both the Avalanche and the Duramax, so it's basically being rebuilt just to be sold at this point.
  3. Magoo

Magoo New Member

Why only liability ins? Pay the small price above liability for collision and comprehensive. Glad your OK but I hope you learned a lesson, not only about distractions but insurance.