1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

crazy azz cross references for my van....

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 77p20, Mar 12, 2011.

1. 77p20

77p20 Member

ok guys, if you should happen to go out and buy yourselves a sweet vintage p20 to restore, heres a little weird trivia for ya......

a '77 p20 step van uses the gauge cluster for a 63-65 nova gt/chevy II, lol

heres my speedo....right out of the nova.....
    [​IMG]

heres my gauges, in idiot light form, and with needles.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

can anyone tell me if this means a wiring harness from these year novas are what i will need to track down should i decide to replace it ??? at least i know the dash wiring is the same, lol......
  2. 77p20

77p20 Member

well, i didnt so much mean cluster as to the gauges themselves, the clusters are totally different
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That speedo looks like the same one they used in a '65 Chevelle too, but I don't remember the guages looking like that. X2 on Caddi & the wiring harness. '65 to '77 is just too many years different for a wiring harness to match up. Plus I doubt if the Nova harness would be long enough even if it did have all the right connectors & proper guage wireing.