Crazy Question!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Van70style, Nov 7, 2012.

  1. Van70style

    Van70style New Member

    On all of my other vehicles, there is a plastic foot rest for your left foot. Makes driving much more comfortable. The 97 doesn't have anything there, so my foot is just sort of hanging there. Does anybody know if GM ever offered a foot rest? Maybe aftermarket? If the newer trucks have one, maybe I can pull one from a wrecker yard? Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. RayVoy

    RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    It's called a "dead man" pedal, or foot rest. Some trucks have them, others do not.
    My '05 Envoy had one, the '09 Av does not.
    In the Envoy, it was part of the floor pan, covered by the carpet; in the earlier Envoys/Trailblazers, there was a rubber floor mat cover molded to the carpet.

    You can buy them from 3rd party companies, like JC Whitney.

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos