1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Creaking Steering Column

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Waco, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Waco

Waco Member

My 05 Silverado is creaking whenever I turn the wheel. It's not like a power steering squeek, its like a low creak but its ever present. Google produced a lot of speculation, but nothing definitive. There's nothing rubbing on the tires or anything, just this contant creak that I can actually feel in the steering wheel? Anyone have the same problem? Thoughts?
  2. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah i feel and hear it to but i figured it was becasue of the 33 by 12.5 tires and the lift. Doesnt bother me all the much. only really does it when i am stopped or going really slow.
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had the same problem with my '04 and never did figure it out. My new one doesn't have any "squeaks", so far. Good luck!
  4. Waco

Waco Member

Its definitely not the tires rubbing, but its violent enough where I can't just leave it. Doesn't affect the driving yet, but is constant enough that I know its not right? Thanks for the input guys!

Anyone else have a suggested fix?