Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Cree LED Fog Light Projector Like Bulb 5202/H16

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by AMac, Nov 3, 2012.

1. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

iJDMToy just introduced their Cree LED Fog light bulb. I have a similar setup for my fogs but when I got them iJDM didn't have them so I had to to a cheaper manufacturer. The bulb housing quality wasn't great and needless to say I don't expect them to last as long as LEDs should so I'm happy to hear that other manufacturers are starting to come out with type of bulb. They don't cast as much light as the HIDs but they are certainly bright and match well with my switchbacks. Can't say too much about the kelvin temperature for iJDMs bulbs but I would think it would be fairly close because the projector like bulb tends to make it appear more white than blue (for my switchbacks at least). This bulb is a nice setup with the 360 degree shine LEDs and I wish I could find a similar amber only bulb.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/CREE-High-Power-SMD-5202-5201-H16-LED-Bulbs-p/sku-4p.htm

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I am working on a Classified LED workshop to build my own LED lights for the truck.......... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I might pick up some rigid lights to mess with in the next few weeks.

3. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I still have yet to do my fogs. I don't really use them so its low on my priority list. I did however get some cree switchbacks for my turn signals from iJdm and one of the white lights went out yesterday, so it looks like I am gonna reinstall my SMD switchbacks. I seem to have problems with the cree style lights for some reason. Even my reverse lights keep dying on me. The reverse were bought from V-Led and they were nice and bright until the LED chips behind the projectors messed up. So back to stock reverse lights. So needless to say, my feelings towards the cree style bulbs are kinda shot at this point.
    Do you have any pics of your cree fog lights in action AMac?

4. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

@2k8z71

contact iJDM, they can likely cover it under warranty. That happened to one of my lights too and they sent out the replacement right away.

Here is a snapshot of the fog lights along with the switchbacks. I haven't had any issue with my reverse lights which are 5w LED projector style bulbs.
    image (6) - Copy.jpg

image (9) - Copy.jpg

5. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Those fogs look nice with those LED's. I think my warranty for my bulbs have expired. I'd have to look to be sure though. What tails are those? I'm looking at doing mine at some point but I'd really like to have 3 rows of LEDs or 4.