Crew cab rear bucket seats

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by zachmilz, Apr 4, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. zachmilz

zachmilz New Member 100 Posts

I've only found two other crew cab trucks on any forum that have done this, and mine hasn't turned out that well. I have a 2005 1500 Crew Cab with the 60/40 split back seat. I decided to cut out 20 of the 60 and have bucket seats with a sub box center console. I cut the middle out with a sawzall and made sure to not cut off all of the fabric, but the fabric up top isn't wanting to come down and it just isn't looking too well. Also, the top part of the seat is a little wobbily because I cut off a bar on accident. Anyways, I did it and I like the way that it looks a million times better. I'll put up pictures tomorrow, I couldn't get any good ones tonight. Hopefully this seat turns out to look good. Some of my friends saw it tonight and they loved it. Any comments?
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'll be interested in seeing this, hope it turns out ok for ya, but I just can't see taking a sawzall to my seats!
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the pics as well before I can comment. Sounds like a pretty risky move, but very interesting. We're always giving up something to get a little something else with our vehicles. I hope it turns out well for you also....I know it's tough to find room on the inside to do it all.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds like a cool set up can't wait to see pictures.
  5. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am in for Pics!!!
  6. zachmilz

Sorry about the delay for the pictures. I was at school all day and then straight piped my friend's truck for him, haha. I barely had any time to get a picture in with the sunlight, but here it is. I think I'm just going to put seat covers on until I get my seats redone in black vinyl. The fabric doesn't really want to work with me right now since the seat is about 2 inches too wide since I kept in the support bar.

Bucket Seats.jpg
  7. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had expected that to look a lot worse when you said you cut it with a sawzall. I'm not really that great with upholstery, so I can't really help you out with how to fix that, but I think it looks cool. Be sure to post up some pictures once you have that finished and dealt with, and let us know what your final solution is.
  8. JRD761

JRD761 New Member 100 Posts

Same here.. it actually looks pretty good!
  9. zachmilz

Well, before I cut anything I pulled all of the fabric back and took out the foam. I just cut out the metal and kept the fabric to try and put it back as best as possible. I like the way it looks, though.
  10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks way better than I thought it would after reading the first post. How does it look from the other side? Should be a cool mod when it's all done. After seeing this it got me wondering if Suburban/Tahoe rear buckets would fit.