1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crisis!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Chevyman224, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 New Member

Ok i have no idea what tires I want for my new rims. I have the rough country leveling kit so I know i want a 33. Road noise isn't a factor because of the exhaust. My rims are 18x9 and Im on a budget of $1000. Any ideas!? I was looking at the nitto terra grappler 325/60/18.
  2. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member

Cooper STTs. I got a set of 35x12.50s for $1200 and I live in Alaska. I'm quite sure that lower 48 prices on a set of 33s would be below a grand. Plus, the STTs are the best tire I've ever ran, and I've ran a couple of good ones. The STTs rock!
  3. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 New Member

Ive looked into them. But the 325/60/18 might be a tiny bit to wide with just my leveling kit. What do you think?
  4. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member

I have no idea. I've never dealt with a leveling kit. Oh, the STTs that I have run slightly small, so that may help out.
  5. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

Just for my 2 cents. Everybody I know that has or has had the terra grapplers has absolutely loved them. I myself have NITTOs too and I love them. Almost time for some new ones for me though. Hope this helps.

-Greg
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

If you want an aggressive mud tire go with the Cooper STT, If you want an All Terrain go with the BFG AT. They are better than the Nitto's IMO. and that size should be ok, they are wide so you may rub a little bit tho
  7. larryleeUSN

larryleeUSN New Member

ok 18 inch rims are going to limit your choices but not to bad. im not sure if STT's make a set for 18's but im not to good with them i found out about them when i bought mine. id go with the nittos. but it all deppends on what your main activities with your truck is. if you drive more on the street or more off road. or if you care to have an aggressive tread while you drive on the street more. me i drive on the street alot but i go for only aggressive looking tread bc it give my truck a better appearance.
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  9. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 New Member

ok i was looking at the onlinetires website and i found the hankook dyna pro mt in a size 33x12.50x18. Any of you guys ever heard of them?
  10. Chevyman224

Chevyman224 New Member

Also are they a "safe" place to shop at?