1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cruise Control add-on?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jamesdeanj, Apr 11, 2010.

1. jamesdeanj

jamesdeanj Member

I have a 2009 GNC Sierra WT model. I have 2 questions.

1. Does GM offer a cruise control add-on as an accessory?
    2. Has anyone used or know of how good the "The Cruise Control Store" products are? They have a unit that looks pretty much like a Plug and Play unit. Just curious if anyone has used one?

Thanks for any info.
  2. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I looked at after market cruise. It was $500 installed for a Chevy Express. If you have the wiring harness setup ready to go for cruise control it will be around $300. Could be less for your vehicle.
    I think they would work the shops I talked to say they are dependable.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  3. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

We put a plug-n-play cc unit on our 03 TrailBlazer. Can't tell it from factory. Works perfectly, 112k miles...
  4. jamesdeanj

jamesdeanj Member

Do you remember where and/or what company you got it from?
  5. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You might want to do a little more searching. On my truck all I had to do was install the factory switch with the cruise control button in place of the one without and I had cruise. I don't know if its the same with the fullsize trucks or not. I think a lot of the newer vehicles that are drive by wire might have the programming already in the computer. I belong to a Colorado forum and that's where I found the info out.
  6. BG1

BG1 New Member

You might be able to add an after market one. I just installed 2 of the Audiovox CCS100 units and they work good for me. They vary in price from about 100.00 dollars to 400.00 plus for the same unit so do some looking around first, I paid under 100.00 each for mine. This one comes with a flat switch that mounts to the dash.
  7. GSPKurt

GSPKurt Rockstar

No, we had an installer do it for us. Sorry...