1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cruise control and wiper issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by martin50, Dec 10, 2008.

1. martin50

martin50 New Member

Just new here first post.I have a 2004 trailblazer EXT and had a fuse blow on my cruise control about a month ago. It worked for about a week and now stopped working again ,but the fuse is fine.Now another problem has started my wipers wont shut off with the switch like they are supposed to.I found a message about a water problem in your post.But could my problem be the whole unit on my wiper switch? Thats where my wipers and cruise both are. :gasp:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Martin, I wish I could be of more help but all I can offer is that yes, I think it could be the entire arm/switch unit. I thought I had that problem creeping up but it turns out it was a false alarm. I did enough slight investigating to find that for my truck they actually sell the switch unit/board - so I figured it should be enough of a problem that they actually sell that kind of stuff for now.

I know this isn't much help at all - I hope someone can jump in and give you a hand with helping you out. Good luck and once you find what the problem is and get it fixed make sure you come back here to post about it and maybe help others that have the same problem!
  3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yes, the multi-switch may be bad, it wouldn't be the first one to go out.
  4. martin50

martin50 New Member

Ok thats a good place to start looking. Going to take it to a gm dealer today and ask them some things cause today I drove it to town and my radio wouldn't come on when I restarted it .Had to shut radio off for a couple minutes and it started working again.Wonder if it's got a computer modular that makes this problem jump around.Called my local mechanic last night said it sounded like a wireing problem,but would like to find out first before I turn him loose on it.Thanks for the help and hints I'll let you know what I find out today.And I'm sorry I posted wrong the first time it's a LS. Was looking at the book I got with it and it said ext but on the body it says LS..Sorry bout that.
  5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hm, it does sound like a loose wire that's grounding out.
  6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

agreed!:happy: