Cruise Control keeps going out.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by josh_1470, May 24, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. josh_1470

josh_1470 New Member

Just like the title says. My cruise control keep cutting out. It will work for a awhile then i have to disconnect the battery to get it to work again. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

Have you brought this to the attenttion of your local dealership? There are many benefits to taking a vehicle to your local dealership. You can guarantee that technicians are certified and that the parts come with a GM parts warranty. For these reasons, I would recommend taking the vehicle to your local dealership to be diagnosed. They should be able to assist you further and have a plan for addressing the issue. I can also look into this issue further. In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  3. bama2010z71

bama2010z71 New Member

your in my area so take it to patriot in hopkinsville dont go to james corlew they arent worth ****. have them check your stabilitrak wires on the front end too mine seem to screw up alot
  4. josh_1470

josh_1470 New Member

Thanks man I will do that.
  5. rtc830

rtc830 New Member

'05 2500HD Silverado, 132K. Cruise goes off while driving down interstate. Hit resume and it kicks back in. Will reset several times until it won't reset. However, if I cut engine off, cruise works again, sometimes. And then off-reset-off-reset procedure begins all over. Anyone else having this problem? Any recommendations? Thanks.
  6. GM Customer Service

Have you brought your concern to the attention of your local dealer? I can also look into this for you with your VIN. Feel free to contact me via private message as well. Please keep me posted. Thank you in advance.

7. billnorman

billnorman Member 100 Posts

Brake fluid level in the master cylinder supposed to be able to kick it off. The brake pedal switch on mine is defective, if I kick the pedal up and to the left, it will work until I use the brake again. What a quality design.
  8. rtc830

rtc830 New Member

9. GM Customer Service

Thank you for the reply. You can also contact me at socialmedia@gm.com. Be sure to address the email to Tricia. Thank you.