1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cruise Control not working

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by leadpan101, Mar 8, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. leadpan101

leadpan101 New Member

in my 03 silverado just the other day my crusie control worked no problems, and now doesn't work. if you turn it on and push the button, nothin, but if you push it a couple of times the cruise light comes on then goes off. Any suggestions
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

First thing to do is check the brake-light switch. If the switch is out of adjustment your cruise control won't work. I had the same problem on my old Silverado
  3. AZ_Kid

AZ_Kid New Member

Where is the brake switch located?
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

my cruise didnt work either but my horn also wasn't working so i replaces the horn relay and fuse and the horn worked and the cruise started working too
  5. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The brake switch is located above the brake pedal. Before throwing good money at your truck find a scanner that shows data. Then you can see several things. First off you can see if the PCM is getting the on off signal from the Cruise Control Switch.This will confirm a good or bad switch. You can then check your brake switch as to whether the signal is getting to the PCM and finally check and see if any codes are present.