1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cruise control stopped working on my 2007 Silverado - no warranty left

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Sportmod5, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Sportmod5

Sportmod5 New Member

Hello Everyone,

I've got a 2007 Silverado 4wd I just bought 2,000 miles ago and the cruise recently quit working.

I've checked fuses and can't find anything for the cruise, I've taken the battery loose about 3 times now and it doesn't reset it either.

Any help in finding my issue would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Is it a classic or NNBS??? and how many miles are on it??
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Could be anything from a short in the arm to a control module issue. When did it go out? any codes or other issues?
  4. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

you have a brake switch and cruise switch above your brake pedal. if your tailights work correctly take the brake switch apart and you should see the bad contacts. cheap part or you can clean the contracts and add dialectric grease

some modles the brake and cruise are built into the same switch. It will throw a code if failed but not illuminate the MIL, get the code checked usually a dead give-away
  5. mmiles

mmiles New Member

I had the same problem with my 2008. It was a bad brake light switch. Diagnosis and replacement was something like $125 at the dealership.
  6. Sportmod5

Sportmod5 New Member

Thanks guys.

I'll check out that switch tonight because the brake lights are still working ok.

The truck has 101,000 miles on it and it's the newer style body so I don't think it's the classic.