cruise control

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by TheUnit, Jun 24, 2009.

1. TheUnit

TheUnit Rockstar

And yet another issue...90 Sub 4wd. Cruise control has never worked since I've owned it. What am I looking for?? Module itself? Servo? Fuse is fine. Possible grounded wire? Cable?

If you're had similar issues what did you do to correct it?

2. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

last on e i had to mess with ended up being the blinker handle.f\ thats how yours is run right?

3. TheUnit

TheUnit Rockstar

indeed it is.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Those switches go bad quite frequently. The easiest way to check them is with a scanner. You can see if the switch is working without taking anything apart.

5. TheUnit

TheUnit Rockstar

Nice. Run down to to parts store and have them just run a quick scan huh? I didnt know that function worked pre-OBD2!

6. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

ummm..neither didd i?

7. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That function won't work with an OBDII code reader like the parts store uses!

BUT, if you scan it with a real scanner like a Tech II, you will have data as well as codes. :)

8. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

That function won't work with an OBDII code reader like the parts store uses!

BUT, if you scan it with a real scanner like a Tech II, you will have data as well as codes.:party:

good call
    all i got is a odb2 and a paperclip

ps

i like it when a "real scanner"is hooked up
    you can watch it run!!!!

9. TheUnit

TheUnit Rockstar

between a horrid sunburn/tan on my back from last weekend and a lack of motivation, i have not looked in to this yet. i suppose this weekend after installing a new radiator i might try to fix the cruise issue.

10. Big6ft6

Big6ft6 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey Unit,

I have an 89 sub and CANNOT for the life of me find a replacement radiator that fits using the factoring mounting hardware. Where did you get your radiatorand what are the core dimensions?

Here are mine (just the core)
    19 in high
    28 5/16 wide
    1 5/16 deep

I just posted about this issue...