Cruse control not working 02 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TMair, Nov 6, 2011.

1. TMair

TMair Member

Hello guys
    My son has an 02 Chevy Silverado extended cab 4x4, the cruse control does not work, I have checked the fuse and it is fine, also the cruse control is on a seperate stalk, I have never seen this before, any suggestions would be appresheated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Terry

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Is this a base model truck without power windows, etc.? Cruise control on a separate stalk on that truck means it is an aftermarket unit, which would lead me to assume it is a base model truck that came without factory cruise. Because it is an aftermarket unit, it would be a lot harder to diagnose the problem. A good starting point though would be to open up the steering column/dash and trace the wiring from the cruise stalk to wherever the controller is. Then trace the wires from there to whatever other parts they may go to. Check for broken, worn, or disconnected wires. Other than that, aftermarket parts can be really hard to diagnose. Let us know what you find.

3. TMair

TMair Member

Thanks for the reply, I will see what I can find.
    Thanks again
    Terry