1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

crutch field?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 5speedsilverado, Jun 14, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

has any one had problems ordering through crutch field? i was trying to order a new head unit, and i got all the way through and then it asked for a verification on the credit card, i entered the info correctly and it said the info you have entered does not match the info (the bank) has on the card, but it is what is on the card, and now it says that i cannot use the card to order from them the rest of the day
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I bought speakers online from them with a Credit Card No Problem.Went you said verification infor.are you talking about the numbers on the back of the Card?
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  3. 5speedsilverado

the verification was asking card holders name, area code, last 4 of ssn, expiration date, and the the 3 numbers on the back of the card
  4. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 New Member

There proably so paranoid with the economy the way it is... they just dont want some jerk off to buy something then 1 week later call his CC company saying his card was stolen and crutchfield gets a chargeback and its out whatever they sell
  5. 5speedsilverado

but then how will i order??
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Thats what they asked for from me???If it where me I would give them a call,To find out what the problem is.
  7. 5speedsilverado

i'll try, it got a little irritating this morning
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

I ordered an Alpine from them last year. Very happy. I did talk to someone directly, though.
  9. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

There are always issues that can ruin an online purchase. Any transcribed numbers, forgotten numbers, or mistyped numbers will give them a bad verification.

Call them up and tell them what happened and they'll most likely be able to go through the ordering with you. Make sure you get all the same offers that you would get if you'd be ordering on the website. At times they'll have an extra component 'if you order online' and you won't get is if/when you call.

Honestly, though, 24hrs isn't a huge wait.. you could just go back on tomorrow if you wanted and placed your order then. It still won't ship out until Monday no matter what you do. :)

Good luck!
  10. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Those verification deals are not always the ordering company that is running it, it actually is a built link through some of the actual credit cards, I would call your credit card and ask them what showed up on there end of the deal