Cruze Turbo Diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy Cruze Forum' started by tbplus10, Jun 14, 2013.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I saw the parts driver the other day, he said he's walking on thin ice, he almost lost his job since that Chevy dealer is one of their best customers. They chewed him out because he's not supposed to be parking up front thats only for customers not delivery drivers.

2. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow-it wasn't a customer?
    It was someone who drives for a living??
    Yeah thin ice for sure

3. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

When I was in Florida I was on the causeway between Cocoa and Orlando and it took a long time to get up to 75 and felt like it would not go hardly any faster. It good pretty good gas mileage, but I am used to something with a lot more power.

To top it off, the Prius did not have automatic headlamps, I was shocked, I thought all new cars have that stuff.

4. phoebeisis

Maybe the rental is low trim level?? Trying to save a few $$-toyota has stiff steps on different trim levels
    the auto headlights might be bundled with some expensive "sound system " stuff
    Surprised it was so slow feeling-I rarely drive 75 mph guessing it certainly wouldn't "jump" at 75 mph
    just 130 hp or so-but they should do an honest 100 mph

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

with those kind of mpg numbers, i may have to look at getting a cruze td for the wife.....

Alex

6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

My girlfriend's old 2006 Cobalt LS had automatic headlamps.

I'm just used to driving something with over 300HP so cars with weak 4-cyl engines feel very weak.

7. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey there,

I know you were only making a statement about MPG's and the Chevrolet Cruze. If you ever interested in more information about the Chevrolet Cruze, I am happy to assist!

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

8. phoebeisis

The TD Cruise is the only car in the USA that can match the Prius HY mpg

And it has acceleration-more of less like our V-8 trucks
    Our 2006 Prius sure as heck doesn't accelerate as hard as our 98 Suburban(despite 223,000 miles )
    So it should appeal to truck owners who don't want to give up ZIP for FE

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Something to consider your Prius has 7+ year old technology, for its time it was the best the market had to offer.
    If you want to keep up with the market it's gonna cost you a lot more now.
    Theres been so many advances pertaining to vehicle engines and drivetrains and fuel packages/systems in the last few years that technology that old is almost obsolete now.
    While Toyota has made upgrades and changes to the platform they havent remained at the front of the pack, its now turned into a contest to see who can take the lead each week, a lot like the truck market.
    That type of competition has been both good and bad, look at the truck market for a perfect example.

The Cruise is back on U.S. soil as of last night.
    Their in Idaho today and will heading to Montana around the end of the week.

10. phoebeisis

Right
    The Prius used to get about 2X the MPG of its small car competition
    Now it gets maybe 1.4X mpg of say a 1.4 gasoline turbo Cruise
    and maybe 1.25X of the TD Cruise-most of the advantage being city mpg-
    The margin is narrowing