Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

CTSY Fuse Keeps Blowing

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by danman5000, Feb 18, 2010.

1. danman5000

danman5000 New Member

I just bought this truck and know nothing about it.

I have a courtesy fuse blowing problem.

I can open the drivers door, replace the fuse and the interior lights come on, the power mirrors work and everything is fine. If I close the door the interior lights stay on. If I open the the door the fuse blows. I am thinking like you guys now. It has to be the door jamb switch. I took the door jamb switch apart. It had a spring inside, the push pin with 3 rail tabs and 3 rails that connect to connector. I cleaned all this stuff, put it back together and it is doing the same thing. The switch is such a simple assembly.

I don't know if the previous owner took it apart and lost something that causes this problem.

Is something missing out of the switch or has anybody experienced this problem and it was something else?

Thanks!

2. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

pull the wires out from the door jam going into the door. more than likely got a chaffed wire causing a short

3. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

yeah what Mike said, sounds like a chaffed wire somewhere.

4. danman5000

danman5000 New Member

I will check that.
    Thanks!