1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CURIOUS: What direction is the site going?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 08_rado_rocker, Jul 15, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

It seems to me that the only things that anyone is ever talking about on here is the games, their spouse, how their days been... I hadn't realized this was a social network.

When I first joined up, there was always someone trying to tweak their truck to get more power, or doing an ACTUAL MOD, or someone having a problem with their truck and plenty of members ACTUALLY giving input instead of saying "hope you figure it out"...

I don't know if maybe it's just me... but I DONT GIVE A **** about "this or that"... or who's gonna post next.. or word association.. how many questions we can answer with a question!!

WHERE ARE ALL THE MEMBERS THAT ARE ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING???????????
    Seems like they've all fallen into the cracks of the social network slop of the internet or something.

I remember just a few months ago if I posted a thread talking about the changes that can be made to amp up the power your truck is making, or who was unhappy with the amount of power their truck makes... there would have ACTUALLY BEEN REPLIES ON IT... rather than "This or THat"

Am I the only member that feels this way??
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

not sure what to say to this.

I think alot of the regulars are inbetween projects. I know I am. Times are tough, upgrades cost money, and I think alot of people are feeling the squeeze. I have noticed mor threads about visual upgrades that are cheap to do, rather then adding HP, which tends to be expensive.

As far as the games go, if thats what people want to do, what problem does it make for you?

Alex
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ok my turn...TRUE Stuff like the next poster or this and that games are fun some times BUT like a few others it gets overplayed.. Sure some people are on here to find and get help on there GM Trucks. But some like myself Can't stand Face Book and use this site to talk just about anything. I for one Love to post pics of Hot Trucks (and some Girls) From shows so some can get Idea's on what they too would like to do..

I don't try to boost up my Post numbers by saying Hi to every new member that Joins But I do hope they feel Welcome.. We all have seen new members join post 1-3 times and disapair..I would like to see more of them stay here and be free to talk just about anything that they want to as long as it's clean and of intress to other members on here..

Anyway I did take some Great from the 4 wheel Jam in Bloomsburg,Pa yesterday and will post up soon.. I have to go to a work now back in Pa for the Co I work for.. It never ends..

Have a good day all :)
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think ultimately it comes down to money, but I don't play the games on the site I have been doing relatively cheap upgrades..... If I $$$$$$$$ I could use a rebuilt upgraded 5.3 (500hp) a transmission and drive train to match........ but then what is the cost of a brand new over priced truck with 10 miles on it? I would also like a Dmax and upgrade it to 1000hp......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Gotta decide whats important the truck I have, the house.... would be "nice" to have a boat and jet skies......
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The site goes through it's up and down periods, summer for the last 5 years has always been a little slower with people on vacation and busy outdoors they dont have as much time to post, winter while everyones indoors and bored all they have is time.
    The conomy probably has a little to do with people and how much their spending on projects, even if your still making the same money as 3 years ago everyones a little nervous about whats around the corner so their conserving a little.
    And member turnover has a lot to do with content, new active members means a whole new slew of questions and mechanical skill levels, I was just thinking the other day about a lot of the older members I havent seen in weeks or months.
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Agreed. It seems kind of quiet around here lately, but I remember the same thing happened last summer. Hopefully the GTG in August will renew interest and help us all connect with our fellow GMTC buddies. I know I'm now thinking about all the mods I had hoped to do before the GTG, but won't get to. It's hard to get to it in the summer.
  7. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well, I guess it is my turn to add my Canadian Two cents; guess that would be our Toonie.. LOL

Activity levels are slow here and in the other clubs that I am involved in as well; lots of members on vacation, and trying to spend more time with family, they are getting the bills paid, then the toys come last. That is what happens when a new mod cost more then two weeks worth of groceries. What do you do? I am done modding for the year, next year will be rims and tires, which I am saving up to finish off paying for. My mods this year have ended the budget I have set out for myself. I have to agree with the new members point, and I got add in Canadian and Female members (which I happen to be). I have been active almost every day for the last year or more, and most newbie come in, say Hi, ask one question and then leave. You get the odd one or two that fit right in, jump in to conversations, post their opinions, even bother to do a signature, and become real active members in our GMTC family. Don't get me started on female and Canadian Members, which seem to be like a mirage in the desert. haha! I have tried to do my part in welcoming newbies, starting up a girls club, joining almost every club and posting and planning meets and stuff. I don't really know what else I can do...I think the older members, and I am going to be honest- myself (you know who you are) are getting tired of the drama, the games, the silliness; its not fresh and new anymore, things became mundane, and you just need to get away from it.

I know most people will read the post and say why did 'Rado post this... Well, he is entitled to his opinion, and it takes guts to post things like this...and I think threads like this, are sometimes needed- to shake things up, and have people start taking a look at the site, for different reasons, and more ways to improve the enjoyment of the site, and other things that impact the way members are feeling. The end result should be ways to move forward in a positive direction for everyone. If people want to post games and community news that is GREAT!! This is how we get to know our fellow GMTC family members and their families, friends, trucks, animals, etc... We should not dis-encourage members to post community news and activities, that is another part of what makes GMTC one of the best truck sites to join.

*SIDE NOTE* SUMMER MEETS IN 20 DAYS!! Check out my thread for more details... Be there, or be square!! LOL
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  8. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member 100 Posts

From a personal standpoint I spend more money on vacation and other family activities. Summer is pretty expensive, especially when you drive to all your vacation spots gas can be a real killer! I have several planned mods that I want to do but have decided to put them to the side so I don't stress myself financially.

As far as the games I think it's a way for everyone to "get to know each other", some want to know more about the people they interact with..

I try and help as many people as I can on the technical forums and if I cannot provide and assistance I try to at least point them in the direction that will!

As posted before, after the G2G and when summer comes to an end and those paychecks begin to collect I'm sure everyone, including me will be more active and be popping out mod after mod!

I apologize for any grammar mistakes, sometimes my phone changes what I want to say!!
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  9. aaronb

aaronb New Member

Well Im new to this club and recently posted a problem I was having with my '92 Z71. I was expecting alot of members to offer their opinions and advice but only got a couple; please dont take this wrong, because the guys that did reply gave me good advice. I guess im just saying I was hoping for alot of members to come in and contribute to the help ive needed. The first day I became a member I replied to a member who had an issue with his truck. Like I said, im a newbie though and I dont wanna step on any toes and I run into issues all the time that im hoping, being a member of this club will be a usefull tool. If I make some friends along the way that like to just talk about truck or cars thats ok with me. you cant have to many friends is what I always say:glasses:
  10. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

This entire thread is funny to me. I use this forum as a way to share my passion for GM truck with others who have the same intrest as me. I think a lot of members on this forum take the whole 'forum thing' a little too seriously. I kind of scratch my head at how someone can be a member for 3 months and have close to 2,000 posts, but hey, what do I care? I digress. I do however, think the forum has taken a step towards an overall community rather than just being truck oriented. But at the end of the day its an INTERNET FORUM that plays no significance in our day to day lives so why even worry about it lol. Just post and answer in the section that is of your concerns, and let the other members play word games, and talk about misc things if they want to. Its them spending their entire day posting on an internet forum, not yours.