Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Custom Bed Liner Recommendation

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 98Hotrod98, Aug 4, 2011.

1. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've been looking for a spray in bed liner for some time now. I got a few extra dollars and figured its about time. I found this company in Houston that does the job for $400 on my LWB truck. Any thoughts or recommendations before i go for it?

http://www.toffcustomliners.com/

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've had Rhino and Line-X and I prefer the Line-X. Been in my truck since new in '05. I use my truck bed (rocks, chainsaws, jacks etc..) You can see on one of my photo albums dents on my wheel wells from rocks. Theres more dents than the pictures shows but the first dents have been there for years and there no peeling. The new Line-X is even better than what I have.

3. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I'm getting Line-x on Thursday and I'm wondering what the "The new Line-X is even better than what I have. " is? Please explain:)

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

line-x all the way!

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The new Line-X doesn't fade and has carbon-fiber in it.

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have the Rhino liner in my truck. It was installed by the previous owner and I too have a few dents in my wheel wells and the liner held up fine. For what I use the bed for (hauling scrap metal, furniture, lawn debris, branches, tools, miscellaneous crap etc....) it works great.

7. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Pictures...

seem to be having an issue posting pictures. I'll try again... Looks like it worked.
    They do not texture the application in the wheel wells.

Attached Files:

8. Scratch

Scratch Rockstar

LINE-X does not have carbon fiber. LINE-X Premium and LINE-X Xtra (contains Kevlar) both are non-fading bedliners.

Rhino does not have anywhere near the strength of LINE-X. Specifically, comparing LINE-X to Rhino Tuff Grip (most popular product), LINE-X has a 31% higher tear strength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance.

Toff it total trash. I can't tell you how many nasty Toff bedliners I've seen.

Faded and stained Toff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This used to be a Toff blue color match.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is disintegrating!
    [​IMG]

Only 36 mils. The thickness of a dime is about 40 mils.
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Forgot to mention: That Toff website shows a picture of a military vehicle. Well, a company in Texas called Force Protection makes the MRAP vehicle and they do NOT use Toff, they use a LINE-X coating called Paxcon.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

line-x is on my list of to-dos for my truck.

Alex

10. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I havent had my truck bed done, but I have had two sub boxes with Line-X.....when I do the bed it will be Line X.