1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

custom bowties

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Bobby Light, Feb 1, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Bobby Light

Bobby Light New Member

does anyone know where i can get custom bowties done at?

2. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I did mine myself, however their are some websites that can make overlay decals that are supposed to be pretty good, I will try to find one of these links and edit post later

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought a polished aluminum Bowtie on Ebay. They also have black billet Bowties as well. Or you can but a sticker and stick it on or even paint your OE Bowtie. The polished one I bought 1 year ago still is as good as new.

4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I cut a bowtie from plexi and heated with a heat gun, then formed it to the grille opening. Once it set, I put flames on the inside with the dremel, and back- painted it body color. I used 3m tape to attach it, which didn't go well, but it was a start.

Good luck,

5. drillbit26

drillbit26 Rockstar 100 Posts

I took mine to my local body shop and had it painted same color as my truck. also you could go to junk yard and get an old one to try and paint yourself to see what you want first.