1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Custom Bumper End Cap?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Japeall, Apr 2, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Japeall

Japeall New Member

So I recently failed an inspection due to a cracked front bumper end cap (plastic, chrome painted). Personally I hate the look of that piece anyhow, and if I must replace it, I'd like to change it.

Anyone know somewhere to get an aftermarket/custom cap that will fit in that space WITH the existing steel bumper? It could be plastic, metallic, whatever
    photo (13).jpg

2. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

They failed your inspection for that?!

LMCTruck has these for sale in their online parts catalog. They'll send you a free paper catalog in the mail for your model truck aswell.

Here's a link: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ce/full.aspx?Page=16

#22 on the page is what you're looking for, part number 31-3616 $169.95

Hope this info was helpful,

-BFG-

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

StreetScene makes a cover for it..

4. Japeall

Japeall New Member

that does help for OEM replacement, but know anywhere to get aftermarket/different style pieces made up?

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am surprised that they failed inspection over that. That being said, I wish that Michigan had some sort of inspection. It would take 1/2 of the non road worthy cars off of the road here. I was behind a Ford ranger yesterday that was side tracking so badly that the rear of the truck was over the left line in his lane while the front of the truck was all the way over on the right side of the lane. If you are looking for a custom look I would look into what @Enkeiavalanche suggested. It will probably be cheaper than a replacement and may look more custom

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not to get off track but most inspections unfortunately wouldnt catch a truck like that as they dont include any type of road test. Just a minimum of inspection for lights wipers and emissions.
    I always assumed those caps were metal. Cheap tin or pot metal but in the very least metal.

7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Can't believe they failed you for that! Guessing the guy working wasn't in a great mood. I mean I know it's "unsafe" because it could cut someone, but that could have been a "just so you know you should fix this" kind of thing.

Not sure about the replacements, but I would get some silver reflective tape for that and go get rid of the "R" they gave you. Also, I would go somewhere else next year.

8. E_HILLMAN

E_HILLMAN Member 1 Year

I didn't realize it was friggin plastic. How very cheapo on GM's part. :(

- - - Updated - - -

whew, mine is all metal I think right? 2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 , now I'm gonna be lookin... wow