1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Custom Bumper on a Silverado...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Enkeiavalanche, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

This belongs to a friend of mine up in NY and I posted pics of his truck before and a few have asked about it.. He paid $800 from a Co that is no longer. But here are some pics Saw him today.. By the way he has 320K on it and still tows cars to Tracks all over the NE...

Photo-0468.jpg Photo-0469.jpg Older pic... DSCF9861.jpg

2. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

very nice! love the looks of these bumpers. Many of them are angled forwards at the back where they form the wheel well opening which allows for larger tires with out lift.

On the 03-05's the bumper was almost square at the back, the lower most corner would require trimming.
    If you look at the new bumpers on the 2011-current duramax, you'll notice that they angled it forwards correcting this issue.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Indeed. I had to trim there as well as in the fender well.

4. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

myself aswell, I had already ordered my Bumper when i was installing my wheels so I just 45'd the stock bumper with a reciprocating saw until the new one showed up.

5. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

That one looks awesome and only 800 for that is a great deal. I wish I could find someone that builds them around here without emptying my bank.

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Tell me about it. Ive wanted one of those style bumpers for years. Just way too expensive.

7. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

My buddy has one similar to that I think its an iron cross one that looks nice. He had it rhino lined or something equivalent to that but he payed around 1400.