Custom Dual Exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hpupike, Jan 17, 2010.

1. hpupike

hpupike New Member

Im looking into getting dual side-exit exhaust on my 05 Silverado 1500. Rather than spending $500 for a cat-back system I was thinking of buying just a Flowmaster or Magnaflow muffler and getting a shop to custom bend the pipes. When I look online for a muffler I can only find single-in/single-out. I was wondering if I could get one of these mufflers and a shop could still bend the pipes or if I need to find a single-in/dual-out muffler and run each pipe seperate. If so, does anyone know of a good place where I can find what I need.

2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you tried actually going to a muffler shop and getting a quote from them for everything (including the price of the muffler). I went to a small muffler shop and they charged me $350 total for everything including the pipe, single in/dual out flowmaster 40 series, chrome tips and labor/install.

3. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

+1 in my town! $330 for flowmaster single in dual out 3" pipe tips labor

4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

just cut ur exhaust off and run a dump add a muffler if u cant handle the loudness

5. Chad01

Chad01 Member

Totally cheaper to just dump it. I paid a muffler shop $50 to cut off my stock muffler and weld on two super 44's then dump... I bought the mufflers seperate...

6. chrismx104

chrismx104 New Member

I got true duals with flowmasters for $400 and i mean true duals from the manifold back and out both sides.