Custom Exhaust

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Stealth, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a custom exhaust system for my truck this weekend. I've been looking at the posts about exhaust systems and what everyone likes, but most of the posts are for V8's. I've got a four, hence a desire for more power and sound. What muffler should I look at? It will be a single entry and exit, from just behind the cat to the front of the rear tire. What should this cost, minus the muffler? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

2. 05bluebeauty

05bluebeauty New Member

i had a high flow cat with a flowmaster 40 series on the v6 s10 and i loved the sound of it.

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ok, but would it sound just as good with such a short exit and a four?

4. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

did you check out folks on youtube that ran flowmasters? i've always loved the sound of flowmasters.

5. 05bluebeauty

05bluebeauty New Member

I also have a buddy that has a 4 banger but a extended cab with a 40 series flowmaster and his sounded a lil less burly like mine did but sounded good.

6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When I had my '00 S-10 I put on a pro flow muffler with 1 in 2 out and it sounded really good. A local shop in NC did it with some sweet tips for $300. In high school that was a chunk of change, but well worth it. I also chopped off the air box and put a K&N cone filter on it which made the sound a bit deeper. Hope that helps.....

7. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

i had a flowmaster 40 with a side exit before the back tire. it was a ZR2 with the highoutput 4.3 annd it sounded great. dont know if the 4 banger will sound as good

8. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

ya i agree, flowmaster is the way to go, i'm getting mkne done soon too, on the list anyways lol

9. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

FlowPro, it's the same as flowmaster, just different name, and cheaper.

10. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did not know they were the same, but did notice back then that it was cheaper. I had the 2.2 in that S-10