Custom made sub woofer box 12 inch subs

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by broah, Aug 2, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. broah

broah New Member

i have two 12' shallow mount subs that i want to put into my 06 chevy silverado crew cab
    i need to get a custom made box that will fit under my seats so does anyone live in or around orange county ca that knows of anyone that makes customs sub boxs
  2. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

How much are you willing to spend? I know some really nice online guys you can deal with. Most of the car audio shops I go to don't really know how to build boxes "correctly". There is a lot of requirements and math behind it. ESPECIALLY in Ported/Vented Enclosures.
  3. leadpan101

leadpan101 New Member

4. broah

broah New Member

yea its been hard for me to find anyone that can build one for me in that kinda of an area as long as the box is made correctly im willing to pay what its worth
  5. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

Alright,Here is one I know and dealt with.

Audibel Customs (Quentin Jarrell)
    Phone #(985)630-9442 or e-mail at audibelcustoms@yahoo.com

If you e-mail him, make sure you tell him what subs you have and what truck it going in, He does some great work and is cheap compared to audio shops, Even with the shipping.

If you need more just hit up this topic or send me a message and i'll help you out.
  6. tech2332

tech2332 New Member

Also for anyone looking for some subs contact him, If you buy subs from him he will build you a box for FREE and ship it to you. He has all kinds of subs.

Just tell him you heard this from
    Danny C.,My E-mail - ducez_up@yahoo.com and he'll build a box to fit you're ride and subs. :great:

His contact info is my post above this one. Don't be afraid to call him.
  7. daddytech

daddytech New Member 100 Posts

yeah those look like good quality boxes (the ones they show under the seats) but as another poster said already each speaker has different requirements and there's a lot of math involved in figuring out and building the boxes "the right way" for the speakers they are intended to hold. any old box will sound ok but for great sound they have to be built to spec. cookie cutter boxes may not be even close unless it's a low powered lower end subwoofer that you are putting in the box, the last oposition i have is those cookie cutter boxes 9 times out of 10 are not seperated so the air space is shared between the two speakers and they sound bad that way.
  8. Kaiser-Wave

Kaiser-Wave New Member

Dude if you live in orange county come to our shop and i will hook you up witha box! I did another truck eactly like yours with 4 10 inch shallow's!

[​IMG]
  9. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 New Member

Thats my truck sound system right up there posted by Kaiser-Wave ^^^^...if you want me to demo it for you let me know, im in Brea.... you cant go wrong with 4 10's, its the best a crewcab can sound without a custom center console
  10. daddytech

daddytech New Member 100 Posts

nice work on both of those.. I personally really like the bottom box but then i have always liked the big sound. just don't have a lot of big money to make the big sound though. I have also always been a big fan of the shallow mount subs because you can usually mount them stealth really well and no one know they are there. Alpine used to make some killer ones that all you had to have was a box big enough for the magnet to not touch the back of the cabinet and you were good. they were expensive but worth it at the time.