Custom paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Pete Japan, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

I will be painting my 99 Suburban in the near future. At the moment it is black and I love the look of the black beast, but I would like to customize it up. Does anyone have any (photo) suggestions/ideas on what they would do with such a large canvas? True fire has been done to death. The truch is a daily driver. I am very handy with an airbrush, but I haven't picked one up since the tsunami hit last year here in Japan. My mind is blank and I am looking for inspiration. Cheers!

2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You could do a Gothic theme with skulls and swords and maybe ghost it into the paint so it isn't real visible until you get close up. Just a suggestion.

3. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

I've never done a Goth theme before. I took a look at some of the art work online and I think this may be the way I go.

Thanks for suggestion!

4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you do it, post some pictures when its done. I have seen some really cool airbrush work and if you do it right it will be a thing of beauty!!

5. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

I shall do! lots of em! :D

6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love the flat/matte black paint jobs on trucks. Personally if your truck is a daily driver custom "themed" paint jobs are tough to keep looking nice...I know guys with $10,000 paint jobs on daily drivers just to have it trashed by rock chips, door dings, and jealous folks.

But..if you do something go big like this:

Attached Files:

7. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

Hahahaha! I saw that the other day and don't worry, I thought about it, but I think it may scare off some customers. Love the toxic smoke!

As for a Matte finish, I also like them but the place I park it gets some crap leaking for the parking area above. Gloss I can just wash and wipe it off, matte would be trashed in a week or two.