Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Custom paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Pete Japan, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

I will be painting my 99 Suburban in the near future. At the moment it is black and I love the look of the black beast, but I would like to customize it up. Does anyone have any (photo) suggestions/ideas on what they would do with such a large canvas? True fire has been done to death. The truch is a daily driver. I am very handy with an airbrush, but I haven't picked one up since the tsunami hit last year here in Japan. My mind is blank and I am looking for inspiration. Cheers!

2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You could do a Gothic theme with skulls and swords and maybe ghost it into the paint so it isn't real visible until you get close up. Just a suggestion.

3. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

I've never done a Goth theme before. I took a look at some of the art work online and I think this may be the way I go.

Thanks for suggestion!

4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you do it, post some pictures when its done. I have seen some really cool airbrush work and if you do it right it will be a thing of beauty!!

5. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

I shall do! lots of em! :D

6. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love the flat/matte black paint jobs on trucks. Personally if your truck is a daily driver custom "themed" paint jobs are tough to keep looking nice...I know guys with $10,000 paint jobs on daily drivers just to have it trashed by rock chips, door dings, and jealous folks.

But..if you do something go big like this:

Attached Files:

7. Pete Japan

Pete Japan Member

Hahahaha! I saw that the other day and don't worry, I thought about it, but I think it may scare off some customers. Love the toxic smoke!

As for a Matte finish, I also like them but the place I park it gets some crap leaking for the parking area above. Gloss I can just wash and wipe it off, matte would be trashed in a week or two.