1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Custom Steering wheel recover

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by donyms, Feb 23, 2012.

1. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was thinking about upgrading to the 2003 style steering wheel in my 2002 but I understand that the spline is different and would require a new column and a lot more than I want to get into so my question is, where can I get a 2002 steering wheel with the leather wrap in red and black or if they are no longer available as it seems. Where can I get it recovered in black and red leather at a decent price. Thanks for any help.

post picture.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  2. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I googled "leather steering wheel wrap" and found a lot of websites that sell two-tone leather steering wheel wraps.

3. donyms

Thanks for the tip but I am really looking for a factory type recover as opposed to a cover. but some of those covers look pretty good. Also I want to get it done professionally, If I were to do it it would be a mess and I don't have enough patients for something like that. Again thanks for the suggestion.

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Check you local upholstery shop.i know a shop here in Utah that does all manner of custom work .

5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

yeah bro.. usually your local upholster shops will be able to do stuff like that for a reasonable price and guarantee their work.

6. donyms

Thanks to all of you, I will check out some shops around Mobile and see if they will do what I need. I had talked to one in Mobile that my Chevy dealer recommended and the guy said "it would take about 10 hours and I wouldn't want to pay him for 10 hours". I will check some others and see what they say. Thanks again for all for your suggestions.

post picture.jpg

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Grant Wheel.jpg Get a wheel like this and have it recovered...They also come with Red inserts..

8. donyms

I would love to get a new style wheel and you can get them red and black already but I have been told many times that they want work on my truck. The spline is different among other things do you know something I don't? Would really appreciate some guidance on this.

9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I will be with Wes from Grant next week at the Keystone show I will ask away.. Did you go on his site? www.grantproducts.com

10. donyms

Yes I have been on the grant site and just double checked it again. They have the wheel I want in a 2003 and up but not the 2002 Silverado. I was going to go with the 2003 and buy an airbag and trim for it but I found out the spline is differant and would require a column change, not worth it to me. If he says that he has a 2002 Silverado with the red and black leather I will buy it. Thanks for the help man.