1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Custom Sunroof

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 96GMCSLE, Apr 7, 2014.

1. 96GMCSLE

96GMCSLE Member

Has anyone ever put a sunroof on a 88-98 k1500? I'm looking at doing that to my 96 GMC and im wondering what kit to buy. A regular pop up is $200 and a power sliding is over $500. Who did this to their vehicle?

2. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............

I have had a few vehicles with sunroofs...always leaked whether they were factory or aftermarket

3. 96GMCSLE

96GMCSLE Member

I've had them before as well and I've never had one leak

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Look for a ASC dealer by you. They should be able to help you..

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sunroof is one thing that would only do if a very skilled tech installed for me. I had a friend who was a used car manager in Seattle where it rains frequently and he said he wouldn't take in a trade with an aftermarket sunroof unless they could verify it was installed properly and they did a car wash test.

6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Man all this sunroof talk has me in the 88-98 truck fever AGAIN!