Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Custom truck builds (not chrome wheels and a walmart radio) from the ground up

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Jaredmiller37, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Jaredmiller37

Jaredmiller37 New Member

Im buying another 88' silverado but im buying an extended cab long bed this time im painting it black with purple pearl in the clear im painting silver stripes with turqoise glow additive in the clear rhino lining the rockers and frame new shocks springs etcetera lowering it the righ way puting in another 16pc stereo like my other truck black and grey interior 01' model seats and rear seat aftermarket guages and all chip plates under toolbox cargo light assembly doing it all custom hideaway auxillary lights fog lights leds im powering ot with a Ls5.3 with twin turbos forged crank h-beam rods and forged pistons ball bearing turbos and im pairing ot with an allison 5spd transmission aluminum driveshaft and my question is two questions where can i buy a chrome overhead bar smooth top no lights and what gear ratio should i use to get the best mpg

2. zuki82

zuki82 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!
    I cant help you with your Q's, but would really like to see pics of this build as you go!

3. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

All depending on what tire size you are wanting to go with.

4. Jaredmiller37

Jaredmiller37 New Member

27" tire hieght

5. Jaredmiller37

Jaredmiller37 New Member

Im turning it into a every day truck that has the get up to do a little light to light on the weekends but can cruise the interstate as fast as you want

6. Jaredmiller37

Jaredmiller37 New Member

Check out my last build if youd like shes not quite to this extent but shes still from the ground up

7. Jaredmiller37

Jaredmiller37 New Member

Heres my old baby

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395766542.203769.jpg

8. Jaredmiller37

Jaredmiller37 New Member

Check out more pictures in my gerage

9. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Jared...you are a man of true vision! I could not plan that all out ahead of time.

Your truck originally came with tires that were 28.5" or 29" tall, depending on the option. So, the 27" height is a bit under already, which will make whatever gear you have in the rear just a bit lower. If the stock gear is a 3.42, it will probably be more like a 3.55, but I am kinda guessing. Just keep in mind that the tires you are going to use will effectively change your end ratio a bit.