1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

custom tune??

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 5speedsilverado, Apr 1, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

can anyone recommend a custom tune for my truck, its an 06 silverado 1500 with a 5 speed (thats what im worried about because most tunes do tranny adjustments). i plan on getting a true dual exhaust, cold air intake, and headers. any sugestions will be greatly apreciated.
  2. bzboardco

bzboardco New Member

Never used them before but heard ppl talk about Blackbear performance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
  3. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member ROTM Winner

Havent used them yet but i will when i get the funds. Wait4meperformance. I had a superchips and it was junk.
  4. mjalstad

mjalstad New Member

I don't think there is anything you can do to tune a manual transmission. A tune will change characteristics of an automatic transmission such as shift points, shift speed, and shift firmness. You can control all of that with your left foot and your right arm. The only other thing I believe that a custom tune can do related somewhat to transmissions is take away the torque management after a shift, but I do not think a manual transmission has torque management.
  5. azdrtdog

azdrtdog New Member

fear not you already have all the trans.tuning mods u need in your left foot and right hand. now what u need is a tunner that will give u the most out off your bolt ons.most tuner are very basic as far as options (perf.tow 91 oct.) they all just modify your stock inj. pulse width and ignition curve. get one with a good reputation and you should be fine. FYI engines are just big air pumps get them 2 flow and the rest will fall in place
  6. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

thanks for the replies, i knew the transmission tuning was up to me, i just have heard about the tq management, and figured my truck has that also and i wanted to get rid of that. ok, so the best thing to do is call around to the custom tune places and see what they can do for me?