1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cylinder 2 misfire?!?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by janikphoto, Jan 1, 2012.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I keep getting a code when driving on the highway... I think it is p0302 off the top of my head. Whether or not I remembered the correct number, it is a code for cylinder number two misfire. So, I went through all the obvious maintenance: changed plugs, wires and rotor/distributor. The truck runs MUCH better, but I'm still getting the code while driving around 60-65mph on the highway. What am I missing?!?
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

you made sure the timing isnt off right. hmm im trying to find info on what might be wrong.
  3. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I haven't checked timing yet. It runs strong and only throws the code on the highway, so I didn't even think about the timing. I used to have a nice timing light, but someone stole it....
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

i really dont know if its timing but why not check after replacing ignition system. another problem might be the MAP sensor i would make sure that is all good.
  5. dedmon27

dedmon27 New Member

My guess would be a bad coil above #2. Seen this before on a 2002 trailblazer. Don't think your timing is adjustable.
  6. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

1999 doesn't have coil packs. It's old-school with a single coil and a distributor. If it were like my BMW with individual coil packs, that would've been my second guess - after changing the plugs. Good suggestion, though...