Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dallas Auto Show - Photos and Commentary!

Discussion in 'TX - Central & South Texas' started by ChevyFan, Feb 19, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The Dallas Auto Show is going on right now. I think I'll check it out to see what's new in the last 3 weeks since the Fort Worth (Tarrant County) auto show!

www.dallasautoshow.com
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If I were closer, I'd go myself. I usually try to make the one in San Antonio, but the parking is terrible and I don't walk too far anymore.
  3. ChevyFan

I got a press pass, so I'm going and will take a look around. I wonder if they got the camaro ready to look at yet?

Next time I go to one of these I'll wear a GMTC t-shirt so I if anyone spots me they can say hi.
  4. ChevyFan

I just got back from the dallas auto show! WOW, great show. Not a big turnout for a Friday night, but lots of great vehicles and there were a few surprises.

First of all, all the GM stuff was great. Lots to get into, all the Hybrids were there. Silverado, Sierra, Colorado, Canyon, Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, etc. Hummers, Saabs, Saturns and more. Very cool.

This might not be surprising, but the Toyota folks had a pretty cool event in the parking lot. It's the "Get Behind the Wheel Adventure" and you can drive any or all of four or five different Toyota trucks, SUVs, crossovers, etc. I got there late, but you technically don't even have to pay for the show to get into this. It's very cool!

The Ford booth (and yes, I did get a photo of an old dude using the 'man step" on the F150!) had a new Raptor SVT truck that looks pretty insane. They have a video game system that you can go into and drive the trucks around an off road course. Pretty cool.

Anyhow, I'm off to bed, I'll post more about it later. It's still ruinning, you can head down to the Dallas convention center for the next two days and get in on the fun. Lots of great deals on great vehicles too. Very good time to buy a new vehicle.
  5. ChevyFan

I'm adding in photos from when I went to the show last night. Take a look.

Ok, it's a Ford, but I was very impressed with the Ford F-150 Raptor exhibit! Seriously, very good marketing.
    [​IMG]

The Jeep Renegade looks like it would be fun for the sand dunes
    [​IMG]

Range Rovers are smaller than I thought they would be
    [​IMG]

Looks like the Ford Man-Step is a hit
    [​IMG]
  6. johnsstart

johnsstart Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks like it was fun wish i could have went :glasses:
  7. ChevyFan

Sulastic Rubber Springs

I came across this company that had a booth at the Dallas Auto Show, they're Sulastic and they make a replacement Rubber Spring that looks very interesting. You'll have to go to their website to take a deeper look, but I'm reaching out to their to get a better description and understanding of what they do.

www.sulastic.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwVl5ipulhU"]YouTube - Sulastic (Trucks - The Movie)[/ame]
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I could definately have some fun in that Jeep Renegade! They had something a few years back that was called "The Hurricane", it had an all independent suspension and it looked like a factory rock crawler. They always have such great concepts, but they never make them come to life! :grrrrrr:
  9. tonandshon

tonandshon New Member

I have never been to a car show.....I know sad huh!!!!