1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dallas, Texas - 2008 GMC Sierra SLE2 Texas Edition Z60

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by TexasEditionSierra, Jan 26, 2011.

1. TexasEditionSierra

TexasEditionSierra New Member

Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself. Im Jesse, originally from small town Okeene, Oklahoma. Just starting a new job. We havent started our operation yet. We are a telesales office for merchant accounts selling merchant accounts for credit card processing. Im the Manager of the office.

I drive a 2008 GMC Sierra SLE2 Crew Cab Z60 Texas Edition pickup. Unfortunately, its a 2WD, but I wanted the performance suspension and nice ride. Preferred Package, Convience Package, Z60 Sport Suspension Package, Towing Package, etc... Basically an SLT minus a few options. Basically all of the options except a sunroof, rear sliding glass window (I wanted the full back glass so it wouldnt be so easy to get broken into) and Navigation.

My stereo consist of the following

Stock CD Player (The NBS trucks look great as they are and adding an aftermarket cd player would just make it look tacky in my opinion, plus I didnt want it to be sought after to get broken into for the stereo)
    Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 Digital Sound Processor
    Subthump Dual 12" UltraDeep Subwoofer Box (They make great boxes btw)
    RE Audio SE 12" subs
    Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 (I love the Tantrum amps. Industructable and underrated!)
    Front Stage: Focal Utopia 6.5" Components
    Rear Stage: Focal K2P 6.5" Components
    Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2 (Again, great amps and highly underrated)
    Kicker 1/0 awg Wiring Kit

Im 24, about to be 25 April 1st. I have my own 3 bedroom, 2 story house with a media room in Irving.

I like to hang out at my house, have get togethers here with a bonfire, enjoy going to the lake. I hate winter. I absolutely just love summer. Hard to ride my bike in the winter although here in Texas, our average temps for the winter is like, 50* and only experience winter for like a month and a half.

Future plans are to trade my truck although I just love my truck. Its the first 2WD truck I have had and will be the last. I forgot how much I used my 4WD when I had my Silverado and my 6.5" lifted Titan with 35" tires. May that ruck Rest in Peace. Gas prices keep going up so I wont be able to afford 13mpg city and 20mpg highway. Combined is still 15mpg. I tend to have a heavy foot.

So I am seriously considering getting a 2011 Sierra Crew Cab 4WD Hybrid. The only thing holding me back is the price of those. MSRP of $48k+ is hard to bite. But 20mpg combined is really intriguing. I rather drive a truck than a car, but if I opt for a car, it will be a C6 Corvette 6 Speed manual.

Other than that. Thats about it, so Hi everyone!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 New Member 1000 Posts

Great introduction, Sierra! It sounds like you've got the world by the tail right now. Keep up the hard work. I feel you on the whole 4wheel drive thing but I'm comfortable with my 2wd truck right now. After all, it's still a truck and still has a bed. I'll probably keep it as long as its running. I've been looking at older (used) 4x4 models from various manufacturers just to have something for offroading that I won't constantly worry about scratching/denting/wrecking. That may be another option for you too. Pay a few thousand cash and upgrade as a project.
  3. RadoRage

RadoRage New Member

Welcome to the site! I too have a 2WD truck and am happy with it. I didn't feel I needed a 4WD but every once in a while a situation arises where I really regret my decision. I feel you on the gas prices though. I just bought my truck last October so I'm stuck with it for a while. Buying a cheap commuter car for a few grand is always an option if it gets real bad though.
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts

Great introduction, welcome to the club!
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Jesse.
  6. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Jesse. Was that your Nissan that's wadded up in the wrecking yard in that pic?
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  9. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  10. TexasEditionSierra

TexasEditionSierra New Member

Wow guys. I am truely shocked. This is the warmest welcome I have ever received on a message board, and trust me, I have been on numerous message boards in the past 13 or so years.

As for getting a 4WD, you dont use it or dont understand how grateful that you have it till you have a 2WD. Remember, I live in Texas. We have plenty of places to go offroading. The time when I knew I needed a 2WD, was Christmas of 2009. I had to get pulled out 6 times. Little did I know, I probably could have cut that down by 4 times if I know how to secretely turn off the Stabilitrack. Not sure if you guys know how to do that or not. And no Im not talking about the Traction Control, I mean the Stabilitrack. That kept me stuck in the snow so badly. So not only do I live in Dallas, but Dallas has numerous places to go offroading, plus I go visit my old home town of 1200 people, yes ya'll, thats including the cows and the chickens. 95% of trucks there in Northwestern Oklahoma are 4WD and there is a reason for that.

And yes, that is my mangled Nissan Titan that was lifted 6.5 inches with 35 inch tires. I LOVED those tires. Those things were so sick, plus I got them at a heck of a deal. One of my old work friends works for Wheel Repair Solutions in Carrollton, TX as a Sales Manager so if any of you all of a bent rim, scuffed rim, needs rechroming, need a new stock rim or you just need new tires or new rims, let me know and I will hook you all up with Wade. I got those bad a ss 35" tires for a little over $800. Mounted, balanced, and a free TPMS, or do we just call those TPS's? Anyway, let me know if you all need some help.

Sorry, I had more written out, but for some reason, my new $1800 laptop is a bit touchy with other buttons so I completely lost everything I typed. Ok, so I got my external mouse and keyboard connected. Dang, so what else was I saying?

Oh yeah, as I said above, I really appreciate and have never had such a warm welcoming on a message board like this ever. I have been on message boards for like, 13 years. Ones I use to be one were GrandAmGT.com, s10forum.com, etc..

Ones I am currently on are CarAudio.com (been on there longer than any message board ever, but be forwarned, They are complete a-holes over there, so I recommend doing TONS of reading before posting a question or you will get ripped a new one.), FullSizedChevy.com (use to have a 2003 Silverado extended cab S-71 Flairside. I miss that truck. Its what I traded to get this truck), GMFullsized.com, PhoenixPhorum.com (looking to buy some Phoenix Gold Tantrum amplifiers) and several other ones I cant think of.

As for the question about the truck, yes, those were photo's taken from my family at the junkyard. I havent seen that truck since the accident. Rolled it 8 times at 80mph, just took off my seatbelt to take my wallet out of my back pocket, and the guy didnt turn with the curve on the rainy day and in order not to hit him, I hit the curve, spun me backwards into the median, rolled it 8 times, ejected 40 feet into a tree. Was in the hopsital for a month and it took my mom and my grandma (Grandma has been an ER Nurse for 50 years and my mom has been a Lap Tech for 7 years,) so they talked them into discharging me early so I could watch the Superbowl the next day. Thank god. I was getting cabin fever, not being able to move what so ever, for one month straight.

I may get hexed for this, but if you want a tough truck, but horrible gas mileage, fantastic horsepower and insane torque, then a Nissan Titan is a wonderful truck, but the Gas Mileage was the only reason why I didnt get another Titan. Plus I loved the look of the new GMC Sierra's. I posted a few more pics of the titan.

I am putting together a stereo for my friend's/like a little brother to me, for his NBS 2007 Silverado Regular cab. Wow this is tough. The NBS style trucks dont have as much room as the <'06 trucks. So if anyone has a custom regular cab truck subwoofer box, a Phoenix Gold Tantrum amplifier, or any Hertz Audio Components, please let me know. Thanks guys!